Amla herb and benefits
Amla also know as amalaki, dhatriphala plus in Sanskrit and Emblica officinalis scientifically, is the most widely second-hand herb in the ayurvedic system of medicine. it maintains equilibrium amongst three Doshas of storm, bile and phelgm (Vayu, Pitta and Cough) and effectively controls digestive evils, strengthens heart, builds up and sustains defence mechanism, improve eye sight, imparts a anatural glow to hair and body and a store residence of Vitamin C.
The English name of amla: Indian gooseberry, denote that it is indigenous to India. Though all parts of the tree have medical value, it is the fruit which constitutes the main drug. Charaka has specifically mentioned it as a great rasayana that helps protect people from disease and keeps missing the manifestations of premature ageing.
Amla fruit is acrid, cool, refrigerant, diuretic, laxative, alexeteric, antipyretic, aphrodisiac alterant, tonic and trichogeneous. It is the richest usual source of Vitamin C. 100 gm. of Amla contain about 700 mg. of vitamin C, which is thirty times the amount found in oranges.In adition to Vitamin C, it too contains calcium, iron, protein, garlic and tannic acids, sugar, phosphorus, carbohydrates etc. The juice of unsullied amla fruit is given as tonic, diuretic and anti-bilious remedy. It is also caring in burning sensation, over thirst, dyspepsia and other complaints of digestive organism.
Amla Health Benefits:
The powder of the dried amla fruit is an efficient remedy of hyperacidity, ulcers and blood impurities. It is also used both inside and externally as a decoction and paste. Some of the common uses of amla fruit are as below:
- Amla strengthens the body, oust toxins from the body and improves defense mechanism of the body.
- It is an essential vitamin to get better eye sight
- Weakness of body, spirit and mind shall be dispelled by taking frsh amla juice in betwen meals.
- Massaging the head with amla oil, induce sound sleep and is good for hair.
- Wash eyes daily, in the cock-crow with amla water, soaked in water and drink the water to improve the eyesight and take out constipation.
- Insert 2-4 amla juice drops into every nostril to cure bleeding for nose.
- Regulates Blood Sugar
- Very influential anti-inflammatory herb.
- A wonderful antioxidant and a usual Source of Vitamin C. Amla helps scavenge free radicals.
- Amla is powerful food for the brain.
- Studies show that Amla helps inferior cholesterol
- Amla also helps uphold the functioning of the liver
- Increases Hemoglobin, Red blood cell count up
- Useful used for Cough, Bronchitis, Asthma
- Amla cleanses the maw, strengthens the teeth
- Its decoction is used in hyperacidity and with sugar as an anthelmintic. The presence of Amla resulted in an enhanced cell survival, decrease free radical production and higher antioxidant levels similar to that of manage cells.
There are various typical ayurvedic preparations, such as chyawanprash in which amla is used as a chief ingredient. It helps get better intelligence and memory power. Triphala and Brahmrasayana are other typical medicine in which amla is being used since time immemorial.
About the Author
8 Comments on “Amla herb and benefits”
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!