Where Are The Safest Places To Live In The US?
Being in a safe community is one of the most significant factors that buyers consider when purchasing a home, condo or any additional type of real estate. So where are America’s most safe places to live? The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies has released its third yearly ranking of top 20 ‘Most Secure U.S. Places to Live’.
Bert Sterling, a database expert compile the Farmers rankings based on data from 379 U.S. municipalities. Factors such as crime figures, unemployment rates and risks of environmental hazards, terrorism threats, expected disasters and extreme weather conditions were taken into kindness.
The communities were alienated into three groups – large metropolitan areas (above 500,000 residents), mid-size city (between 150,000 and 500,000 residents), and small towns (fewer than 150,000 residents).
According to the survey, the most make safe community to live in the U.S. among large metropolitan areas are the adjacent community of Boise City and Nampa (both in Idaho), which topped all large metro areas. Located in the middle of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the area has one of the lowest unemployment taxes and enjoys a wonderful climate.
Among the Mid-size cities, those among a population between 150,000 and 500,000, the safest community to breathe is Las Cruces, New Mexico
. Las Cruces was the first in the middle of mid-size cities in low unemployment rate and favorable climate category.
St. George in Utah topped all little cities with populations of 150,000 or fewer in the survey. The city has 110,515 residents who take pleasure in a mild climate, clean air and low annual precipitation. It also has the lowly crime rates of all the 379 communities surveyed. St. George stands first in employment rate in the middle of the 138 small towns in the Farmers study.
The following are top 20 communities of America’s most secure places to live among large metropolitan areas, mid-size cities and little towns:
The top 20 safest communities to live among the large metro areas are:
1. Boise City-Nampa, Idaho
2. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford Maine
3. Las Vegas-Paradise ( Nevada )
4. Honolulu, Hawaii
5. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, California
6. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre-Hazelton, Pennsylvania
7. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, California
8. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Frederick, Maryland
9. Syracuse, New York
10. Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine, California
11. El Paso, Texas
12. Albany-Troy-Schenectady, New York
13. Rochester, New York
14. Buffalo-Niagara Falls, New York
15. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks- Ventura, California
16. Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, New York
17. Nassau-Suffolk, New York
18. Harrisburg-Carlisle, Pennsylvania
19. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut.
20. New Haven-Milford, Connecticut.
The top 20 safest places to live among mid-size cities are:
1. Las Cruces, New Mexico
2. Rockingham County-Strafford County, New Hampshire
3. Huntington, West Virginia.-Ashland, Kentucky
4. Bellingham, Washington
5. Burlington-South Burlington- Vermont
6. Lynchburg, Virginia
7. Medford, Oregon
8. Prescott, Arizona
9. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, California
10. Binghamton, New York
11. Provo-Orem, Utah
12. St. Cloud, Minnesota
13. Fargo, North Dakota
14. Hagerstown, Maryland -Martinsburg, West Virginia
15. Olympia, Washington
16. Charlottesville, Virginia
17. Chico, California
18. Richland-Kennewick-Pasco, Washington
19. Manchester-Nashua, New Hampshire
20. Duluth, Minnesota
The top 20 safest communities to live among the small towns are:
1. St. George, Utah
2. Bend, Oregon
3. Blacksburg-Christiansburg-Radford, Virginia
4. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
5. Ithaca, New York
6. Morgantown, West Virginia
7. Logan, Utah
8. Winchester, Virginia
9. Harrisonburg, Virginia
10. Idaho Falls, Idaho
11. Madera, California
12. Glens Falls, New York
13. Wenatchee, Washington
14. Bangor, Maine
15. Lewiston-Auburn, Maine
16. State College -Pennsylvania
17. Billings, Montana
18. Cumberland, Maryland
19. Lewiston, Idaho
20. Pocatello, Idaho
About the Author
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!